Trends of Motion Graphics has been changing as time passing by. Though most of them here are not very new trends but keep revising itself. So here are my top 10 trends of motion graphics animation that will give you a fair idea of new and old trends
1. Kinetic typography – Kinetic typography is the technical name for “moving text”. this is an animation technique that combines motion and text to express ideas using video animation.
2. Liquid Motion– A style of animations in which organic shapes transform in a liquid way. It is kind of a morphing trend that is popular in Cell Animation.
3. Heavy CGI glossy Idents – Idents or broadcast animation by using 3D software with a combination of live footage is not a new trend in Motion Graphics but still being applied on various TV channels.
4.Isometric design animation -Isometric illustration uses what is called isometric projection to create a visual representation of a three-dimensional object in two dimensions.
So isometric Animation gives the illusion of three dimensions even though it’s a 2D element
5. Minimalist animation – Minimalism is a visual concept that never goes out of style. It has been around for 60 years and it’s still relevant today. The main idea in minimalist animation is to say more by showing less.
6. 2.5D animation – The two-and-a-half-dimensional perspective is either 2D graphical projections and similar techniques. It gives a feel of 3-dimensional video in fact they are not.
7. Parallax animation – Parallax animation is when things move at different speeds relative to each other. It’s a popular effect that can be used to create an illusion of depth. On movement, we see objects close to us move faster than objects further away
8. Seamless transitions – The Seamless Transitions are motion-based animated effects that merge the passage from one clip to the next.
9. Web and Apps Motion Graphics – Web/App animations are the most popular trend of the year and often saved as GIF, CSS, SVG, WebGL, or video. They can be anything from a simple shape formation to a full-screen video or background image.
10. Retro Style Motion Graphics – Retro style is a style that is imitative or consciously derivative of lifestyles, It may also be known as “vintage inspired”. The creation of the retro look through animation and motion graphics is becoming quite popular.